ER Editor: This short 11-minute video piece comes from a longer conversation that took place in early 2019 between Daily Mail columnist and ex-Bolshevik, Peter Hitchens and former Australian politician and deputy Prime Minister, John Anderson. It got recently passed around on Twitter given its very timely message.
This Youtube video is introduced thus:
The authoritarian left, through political movements such as Black Lives Matter, is on the rise around the Western world. Peter Hitchens uses his experience as a young Bolshevik to make sense of the danger it poses to what he sees as an increasingly gullible society.
The video below should take you immediately into the conversation; however, if you open them fresh on Youtube, you have to suffer through two globalist commercials, in which the elite, authoritarian left is heavily invested… Which well illustrates the capturing of the public mind that Hitchens refers to below.
Here are some big ideas Hitchens mentions:
- The Left actively suppresses freedom of speech based on a personal conviction of being right and being virtuous.
- The elites in most of our countries hold to this belief in their own virtue.
- The opposite view is thus regarded as ‘evil’ and ‘bad’.
- The Left well understands the Bolshevik, Soviet experiment failed but they haven’t given up on the ambition to create paradise on earth.
- They know that the civilized working classes of Europe wouldn’t swallow what the old Left was proposing unless there was a cultural/moral revolution first.
- The idea has always been to control the public mind through the education system, universities, media, etc. in order to achieve the desired result,
- The Left has learned a lot, but they haven’t learned that they’re wrong – we should fear them.
- The great bulk of people are very easily misled by the media – they’re very gullible.
- It takes a lot of nerve not to run with the crowd.
- Why aren’t more academics – the so-called smart people – pushing back against some of these ideas which haven’t just proven disastrous in theory but in practice, too? Hitchens: academics aren’t selfless and need to fit in to have a career.
- The easy religion of selfism has replaced the religion of Christianity with its more difficult concepts.
- The Left’s strategy has been to push ideas such as homosexuality and gay marriage in order that Conservatives will attack them. Thus, the larger goal has been to create the impression that conservatives are bigots who wish to make other people miserable, and with this type of strategy, the Left has been successful. But overall, topics like gay marriage are merely trivial side issues. What does it matter if 10,000 or 20,000 gay people can get married when the real issue has been to destroy tens of millions of heterosexual marriages and the family promoted by state policy over the last 50 years?
The Liberty Beacon Project is now expanding at a near exponential rate, and for this we are grateful and excited! But we must also be practical. For 7 years we have not asked for any donations, and have built this project with our own funds as we grew. We are now experiencing ever increasing growing pains due to the large number of websites and projects we represent. So we have just installed donation buttons on our websites and ask that you consider this when you visit them. Nothing is too small. We thank you for all your support and your considerations … (TLB)
Comment Policy: As a privately owned web site, we reserve the right to remove comments that contain spam, advertising, vulgarity, threats of violence, racism, or personal/abusive attacks on other users. This also applies to trolling, the use of more than one alias, or just intentional mischief. Enforcement of this policy is at the discretion of this websites administrators. Repeat offenders may be blocked or permanently banned without prior warning.
Disclaimer: TLB websites contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the provisions of “fair use” in an effort to advance a better understanding of political, health, economic and social issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving it for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than “fair use” you must request permission from the copyright owner.
Disclaimer: The information and opinions shared are for informational purposes only including, but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material are not intended as medical advice or instruction. Nothing mentioned is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.