ER Editor: Here’s The Duran team’s Dec 30 take on the Nordstream 2 project, and Germany’s repositioning with China in view of the recent US presidential election (whose outcome is still not decided but Germany is clearly expecting a Biden win):
- Russia’s had enough of doing pipelines with the EU! Nordstream 2 will, however, be a gamechanger. The volume of gas will be enormous. Turkstream is also coming online.
- Germans have made it crystal clear that Nordstream 2 is going to be finished irrespective of what happens in the US. Most of the physical structures in Germany have been finished; the rest will be finished in 2 months and then gas will flow.
- The current German attitude in view of a Biden win is they’re getting very cocky, assuming that Biden will be easier to deal with. They’re now wanting to follow their own agenda! They’re confident over Brexit, and have accelerated work over Nordstream 2, promising to ignore any US sanctions. Most remarkable of all, they’re forging ahead with the massive trade and investment deal with China. It’s a thumbing of the American nose; and they’re going to go on working with Huawei.
- So Germans have interpreted a Biden win as a sign that they can do all the things they were doing when Obama was in power. Merkel’s govt is a full-on globalist one.
- So all roads will lead to — CHINA, providing Biden gets in. Biden’s just a WEF/Davos, Wall St. type of guy like Obama, as his recent speech indicated. Germany’s just embracing Beijing, with Merkel even offering to go to Beijing and negotiate directly with Xi Jinping. Cold War II has been called off. It’s all pretty remarkable.
- Germany benefitted enormously from trade with Russia, which ended in 2014 (ER: when the US coup was perpetrated under Obama on Ukraine). China is really the only one to benefit from trade with Germany. It’s nonsense to think that China will open up their markets to Germany. Germany will be very vulnerable to Chinese competition. Germans will not do well, neither will the EU, from this trade & investment deal. But the financial elites will do well. Globalism, full steam ahead!!!!
Merkel gets EU-China deal done. Nord Stream 2 closer to completion
Merkel pushes EU-China investment deal over the finish line despite criticism
Leaders from Brussels and Beijing are scheduled to endorse investment agreement in videoconference on Wednesday.
See this Politico report from Dec 29: Merkel pushes EU-China investment deal over the finish line despite criticism.
The Liberty Beacon Project is now expanding at a near exponential rate, and for this we are grateful and excited! But we must also be practical. For 7 years we have not asked for any donations, and have built this project with our own funds as we grew. We are now experiencing ever increasing growing pains due to the large number of websites and projects we represent. So we have just installed donation buttons on our websites and ask that you consider this when you visit them. Nothing is too small. We thank you for all your support and your considerations … (TLB)
Comment Policy: As a privately owned web site, we reserve the right to remove comments that contain spam, advertising, vulgarity, threats of violence, racism, or personal/abusive attacks on other users. This also applies to trolling, the use of more than one alias, or just intentional mischief. Enforcement of this policy is at the discretion of this websites administrators. Repeat offenders may be blocked or permanently banned without prior warning.
Disclaimer: TLB websites contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the provisions of “fair use” in an effort to advance a better understanding of political, health, economic and social issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving it for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than “fair use” you must request permission from the copyright owner.
Disclaimer: The information and opinions shared are for informational purposes only including, but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material are not intended as medical advice or instruction. Nothing mentioned is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.